Are products Safe?
Frequently asked question – What quality controls does the company have in place in the manufacturing of Herbalife® products? How does Herbalife ensure products are safe?
- Herbalife® products are based on proven nutrition science, a commitment to nutrition research and development, a rigorous quality assurance program and control of product integrity from Seed to Feed. They are food, not medicine. Herbalife® products do not treat disease or claim to do so.
- Herbalife’s Seed to Feed strategy ensures integrity of all products from sourcing of raw materials to delivery of finished product.
- Herbalife has rounds of testing at key points in the product manufacturing process to ensure quality and safety.
- Herbalife owns four manufacturing facilities around the world that operate to the highest Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
- Herbalife manufacturing facilities and testing/quality labs are audited by independent organizations and are accredited by ISO and certified by NSF International in the U.S.
- Herbalife has an industry-leading post-market surveillance system for adverse event reporting.
Herbalife’s quality assurance is overseen by Vasilios H. Frankos, M.S., Ph.D., a former director of the Division of Dietary Supplement Programs at the FDA’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition.